Principle of Inclusion
Orchard Grove Primary School is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe, feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. Our child safe policies, procedures, strategies and practices will be inclusive of the needs of all children, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
Orchard Grove Primary School takes into account and makes reasonable adjustments to accommodate the diversity of all children including (but not limited to) the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities, children who are vulnerable; students in out of home care, LGBTIQ students and international students.
Orchard Grove Primary School is committed to child safety and establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments, where all children feel valued and safe; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities and vulnerable children. We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns are treated very seriously and consistently through our strict policies and procedures. We make every effort to support all children, staff, parents and guardians, volunteers and community members in upholding our shared commitment to child safety.
If you feel a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.
Standard 1: Strategies to embed an organsational culture of child safety including through effective leadership arrangements.
At Orchard Grove Primary School our children, staff, parents and guardians, volunteers and community members work co-operatively to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children in our education and care, and to implement the seven child safe standards at all times. We have strong governance arrangements in place through specific policies, procedures and training, to support all stakeholders in their responsibilities and commitment to child safety.
- PROTECT – Protecting children from abuse:for parents and carers
- Note the OGPS Inclusion and Diversity Policy HERE
Standard 2: A child safe policy or commitment to child safety
Standard 3: A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
Standard 4: Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel.
- OGPS School Response
- OGPS Position Criteria Regarding Child Safety
- OGPS Working with Children Check Protocol
- OGPS Working with Children Check Policy
Standard 5: Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse.
- PROTECT – Four Critical Actions Reporting Procedure
- PROTECT – Protecting, identifying and responding to all forms of abuse in Victorian Schools
- OGPS Child Safe Incident Report Form
- OGPS Child Safety Responding and Reporting Policy and Procedures
Standard 6: Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse.
- OGPS Volunteers Policy
- OGPS Visitors Policy
- PROTECT – Risk Assessment Matrix
- Annual School Council Training: Guidance and Training Re Child Safety
- Annual Staff Training:Protecting Children – Mandatory reporting and Other Obligations
Standard 7: Strategies to promote the participation an empowerment of children
- PROTECT – Feeling Safe: For Primary School Students
- Student Code of Conduct
- PROTECT Poster – displayed in every classroom
- OGPS Response to Child Safe Standard 7
- OGPS Child Safe Standards in Child Friendly Language